Wednesday, December 28, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things........


Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to everyone!

With the year quickly coming to an end, I wanted to put together a list of all of my favorite products from 2011. It was such a great year of cosmetic finds for me (thanks to Birchbox!) and I wanted to share them all with you. 
Hope you enjoy!


Eye Primers:
Mac Paint Pot in Painterly
 This is such an amazing product. Some people even use it by itself to make their eyelids more of an even color, and some use it as a base for eyeshadow. I just use my finger and sweep it on! Super easy.

Urban Decay Primer Potion
 This product is another favorite of mine. It never fails, and is also very easy to apply.

Lips:

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters
I will do another blog post on these soon, because I can't put into words how amazing these are. They are lipsticks, but they also aren't. They are these creamy, moisturizing lip creams that are also completely affordable. If you are a fan of Chanel's Coco Rouge colors, I would highly recommend these. 

(If you ever find these at CVS or Target, you'll notice that most of the colors are almost always sold out. There is a reason for that!)


BeFine Lip Exfoliator

This year I added something new to my beauty routine, and it was using a exfoliator for my lips. I never thought I needed one and that it would just be a waste of money. Then, I got this exfoliator in one of my monthly Birchboxes, and instantly fell in love.

It just feels so good, enough said.

Face:

Borghese Active Mud Mask
I did a post on this a month ago, and I am still in love with these. Whenever I get a quiet moment to myself, I put this on, go lay down in bed for 3-5 minutes until it hardens and then take it off. I seriously feel revived afterwards and can't stop smiling.


Revlon PhotoReady Foundation
I had a friend at work recommend this to me, and I've been using it this whole last year. I use my fingers to apply it ( I feel like I get better coverage that way) but if I want light coverage I'll use a sponge and dab it on for a nice glow. It has a really fine shimmer added to it which I find helps keep your face glowing throughout the day. But don't worry, that shimmer doesn't make it look like you applied glitter to your face!


Favorite Perfume:


Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
Don't have much to say here, besides I am in love with this scent. Sooo in love.


Favorite Nail Polish:

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet
 I have never had so many compliments on a nail polish as I've had with this one. 
A must have!



Favorite Blush:

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy
I received this blush in a Tarte Makeup gift pack that I got a while ago via QVC. I wasn't expecting anything wonderful, so I was shocked when I realized what an amazing product this is. 
The pigment is a gorgeous pink, and it stays on pretty much ALL day. Since the pigment is pretty strong, you really don't have to use much at all, which means that this will be a keeper in your makeup bag for a while. Definitely worth the money!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment