Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Little Personal Catching Up To Do

So this past week has been pretty crazy: tests in all my classes; opening at work, which requires me waking up at 2:30 am; house hunting, and way too much more. Some weeks just really do you in! I wanted to post some fun photos from my mom's visit at the end of February for her birthday, but I have been so busy with the previously mentioned things that I haven't been able to do so. I just adore my mom, and we have way too much fun when she comes to visit (aka way too much shopping). 

My mom always makes sure I have some form of cake for every birthday I have, including the poor red velvet cake that was unfortunately lost in the mail for my last birthday. Whatever UPS person ended up with that one owes me. So I had to make sure I surprised her with a cute little sugary treat for her arrival.


Here she is showing off her cake. Poor thing had just arrived from her 6+ hour drive from Arizona, so thankfully this helped wake her up. Isn't she cute? :)


The cake was WAY too good.


The next morning we got ourselves our coffee and headed over to my mom's favorite place, 
Rogers Gardens in Newport Beach. This place is our "happy place". Besides being a flower store, they carry food items, stationary, home decor, and so much more.




So for those of you who don't know me, I am an English major, so when I saw these author themed candles I pretty much squealed.



I couldn't stop myself from trying on the quirky hats.

Check out these upside down wicker basket lights... AH, I DIE!

And just in case you need a big ol' stone bust in your home, they have those for you too.
Because obviously, we all need one of those.


Having fun with a gold-speckled mirror and my phone

Okay, and here is the best part. 



Are you ready?


The award for the most hilarious shoes (seriously, I can't think of any other word to describe these) I have ever seen in my life goes to the random lady in line.

Welcome, my friends, to Newport Beach:


STRAWBERRY SHOES. If any one of you can figure out what store actually sells these, I will find a way to get you a prize. I wish I could have gotten a picture of this woman's full outfit without looking like a full on creeper because she was rocking a black and white polka dot dress with these shoes. I have no words, but those shoes pretty much made our weekend. 

After our fun at Rogers Gardens we headed over to Fashion Island for some shopping, and then the rest of our weekend included some dinner and drinks in Downtown Disney, a trip up to UCLA to visit my brother, and a bunch of other things. I love my mom, so these weekends always mean a lot to us :)

Hope everyone has had a great week so far! 

I have some new special Essie for Target pictures coming soon too, so check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment